The ‘leaders’ at Milwaukee Public Schools are at it again.
The Milwaukee Public Schools Committee on Legislation, Rules and Policies meets Thursday.
The agenda includes consideration of a resolution by board member Peter Blewett which would support efforts to raise Wisconsin’s sales tax by 20 percent. Also on the agenda, a proposal by board member Larry Miller to participate in an economic boycott of the State of Arizona over their immigration law enforcement policies.
Not on the agenda:
- Reconsideration of the doubling of the Superintendent’s budget
- Reconsideration of compensating each of MPS’ 17 in-house painters nearly $100,000 a year
- Examination of why consultants hired by the district are actually making matters worse at five of their high schools
- Proposals to increase academic performance, attendance and graduation rates at the worst school district in Wisconsin
- Examination of how an MPS school could have authorized a last-day-of-school swimming field trip to a Fond du Lac County lake wihout lifeguards
As a reminder to our Wisconsin readers who do not live in Milwaukee, lest you think this continued mismanagement is of little consequence to you, remember that the state taxpayers foot the bill for more than half the budget at MPS.
By Brian Fraley
A MacIver Institute Perspective